What do they mean by:
Any Media. Any Format. Any Destination?
Why should you care?
Because it’s hard to know all the places media may be used after it has been created.
Here’s an example:
You finally have a logo that seems to capture the very essence of who you are, what your business does, or what your cause represents. You are excited to put it out there for the world to see. And that’s when the real tests of your new logo begin:
- • First you want to use it on new business cards. Does the design reduce in size well so that the logo stays crisp, well defined and instantly recognizable? Or was the design too detailed and when reduced it becomes an indistinguishable blob?
- • Next you want to get t-shirts made for your employees, fans, friends and family. How many colors does the logo use? The more colors, the more expensive the printing process. Can the logo be reduced to using only 2, 3, or 4 colors, yet retain its power and still be seen for what it is meant to represent?
- • Then you realize you need a banner for an event that came up unexpectedly. Is the logo in a format that can be blown up to fill a 10′ by 3′ banner? Or was it originally created in a static format with limited resolution that starts to look jagged and crude when enlarged to the necessary size? What if you decide to go with something the size of a billboard?
- • Time to get the word out to show off all of the great things you’ve been doing and promote yourself through social media websites. Does the logo reduce well to a small size suitable for use as an avatar or icon? Does it remain distinct? Is it the correct shape and proportion so that when viewed on a variety of websites it doesn’t inadvertently get cropped or squeezed to fit that website’s available space?
- • Excellent pictures are taken and you want to distribute them in print and online. However, you want everyone to know where they came from so you decide to use a watermark. Can the logo even be reduced to a single color so that it can be used for this purpose?
- • You find people are responding to videos more than anything else. Can the logo be transferred to film and video easily and still look great regardless of what format is being used and what device is being used to play it back? Maybe you even desire a short audio snippet to play every time it appears so that it can resonate with your audience on several levels at once. Has that been considered? Will it truly reinforce the emotional trigger of the visual logo?
- • Will the logo look good as an ice sculpture at a public event?
- • How about as topiary in front of the main office?
Okay, you probably have the point by now! Hopefully you have a better sense that good foresight and planning when creating ANY media will help it to be easily converted into ANY format so that it can reach ANY destination, wherever you may find your next audience, client, supporter. UNEO MEDIA will help you get it right the first time. Well-planned media saves you time and money.
UNEO MEDIA creates all assets with this concept in mind and has the experience to guide you through every step of any media, any format, any destination. Are you ready to start?